Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Foot....

The foot is doing much better. I am actually wearing shoes....granted they are extra wide shoes to accommodate my extra wide foot. But, at least they match! I can walk around, sometimes with a cane, sometimes without. The mornings are better for me. At night, I hobble around the house like an old woman.

I am starting to see a light at the end of this tunnel. I can't believe how much better it is since just a month ago. Makes me wonder what I can do in one more month.

Major milestones the past month.....

walking to the end of the block and back (next, trying to walk around the block)
walking in the grocery store....not riding on the scooter
walking up the stairs with no help from a cane or banister....

As much as I dissed physical therapy in the beginning....they have really helped me. I don't think I would be anywhere close to where I am today without them.

1 comment:

ItsLiz said...

Congratulations ... I am so excited for you ...

and thinking I might be pretty pathetic cause I didn't do what you did but I can't go up the stairs without using the banister ... :)

Happy to hear you are doing so much