Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crafty.....

So, one of the side effects of this whole foot injury is that I have LOADS of time on my hands. I have cleaned out some closets....(Scout hates this, because this means she has lots of bags to carry up and down stairs).....I have organized the pantry and fridge.....and I have been able to do some crafting...

So, I had a few goals. I wanted to learn how to sew. I have a machine, but I have never used it. Our school librarian came over and showed me how to use it.....my first project.

A throw pillow. I was so impressed with myself. The fabric pattern is actually straight....I only had to rip out the seams and do it over a few times. All in all it went well.....

My next project.....Mo's Halloween costume....didn't go as smoothly. I was making a little simple A-line dress......at one point, I sewed the back to the front, but the front was inside out.....and to top it all off, I sewed the arm holes closed....so I had to make that one 2 times!!!!

My other crafty project was this.....


I thought it would be a cute Halloween decoration....and it is, but it is more "Ladies Home Journal" than it is "Martha Stewart". I used Halloween candy to do the ball. We shall see how long it lasts...

Next project....curtains....

No comments: