Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Baby High

Today, I got to hold a 4 day old baby. My friend Brenda gave birth last week to a beautiful baby girl. I wanted to visit sooner, but restrained myself to give her family some time to be together. I heard once that holding a baby makes your body produce serotonin. It causes some sort of high. I would have to agree. There is something about a new, fresh baby that makes my spirit a little lighter.

Watching Mo with the baby today melted my heart. She counted the baby's toes and kissed her head. She was fascinated with what the baby was doing......"what doing, mama?" is what I heard most of all.

I want a younger sibling for her....I want her to have that kind of relationship in her life. I had brothers and sisters and I can't imagine Mo not having that same experience.....that kind of connection with someone else. My family is not finished. I have known that for a while. And this week, we have met with our doctor to do another round of fertility treatments. Even though this has always been the plan, our plan, my plan......it scares the bejezzus out of me and what is means in the grand scheme of things......adding another life on this world....adding another person to our little family of three.

The times, they are a'changing.

1 comment:

Mbdiamond said...

VERY jealous that you got to hold the new babe :)