Monday, October 17, 2011

The Foot.....

I feel like 'the foot' has taken on a life of its own. People know that I broke my foot last year, had 2 surgeries, yadda, yadda....I am "supposedly" healed....meaning, my foot won't get much better than it is right now.....after intense physical therapy, seeing a doctor for a year.....this is a good as it gets, ladies and gentlemen.

That doesn't mean that my foot is back to normal. It won't ever be. My foot makes itself known in my life every single day. When I come down the stairs in the morning. My foot is stiff, achy and I have to stagger my steps like a toddler, one foot at a time.......no sauntering up to a curb or step and just stepping up on the front half of my foot. Those days are OVER! At the end of the day, my foot is tired.....and not sore, just tired. The other foot is fine, and it did the same amount of walking as the hurt foot, but I just FEEL it in my hurt foot.

Buying shoes is the worst of all. I have to have super wide shoes. Wides shoes that you get at a store aren't wide enough. I have had to buy shoes at Jay's Wide Shoes (and even half the shoes in there don't fit)........it is horrible!

I hate my foot. I hate that it is such a pain in my ass all the time.

No comments: