Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Physical Therapy

So, I have been in the boot for 4 weeks, and last week got the go ahead to start putting weight on the foot, which is a load of crap. After not walking for 8 weeks, it is HARD to just start walking like I never stopped. My leg is so weak, that everytime I try to stand on it, my knee buckles. My foot feels strange....doesn't hurt, more like electric shocks that go through it. I have no confidence, or desire to really push myself.....too afraid.

Tomorrow, I start physical therapy. I am going 3 times a week for 6 weeks....I am hopeful that they can help me get over this hurdle. I want to have more mobility....I don't expect miracles, just able to get out of the house. I feel very stuck here, and I know Mo feels that a well. During the week, we can only leave if someone takes us, and that doesn't happen too often. Although, people have been great about coming over and visiting. It just isn't the same when we have the urge to go do something, and we really can't!

Will let you know how PT goes.....I am sure I will be cussing after I come home....

1 comment:

ItsLiz said...

hang in there ... it will get better ... it is slow going but you can do it ...