Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wonderful Day

Week 5 after the "injury"

I went to the doctor and got x-rays and the dreaded pink cast off. Before I went, I was hoping that my foot was healing, but you don't really know until they take the x-rays. I was also hoping I could get a removable cast. I wasn't naive enough to think I was ready to walk on it, but I was planning on talking the doctor into to put on a boot by PROMISING I wouldn't walk on it.....cross my heart.

I also knew there was a possibility that I would be put into another hard cast anywhere from 4 to 7 more weeks. That possibility was weighing on me. I didn't think I could handle not even being half way done with the cast.

No convincing needed! After looking at the X-Rays.....my foot is looking better than good. Healing nicely. The doctor (on his own, no begging at all) gave me the boot. I can take it off to work on range of motion with my ankle, and to shower. I can take it off to sleep. I am almost giddy!

I can start walking, with the boot on, in 3 weeks. So, I will have almost a full month of walking before I go back to school.

When I got home from the doctor....I took that thing off, and just enjoyed letting my leg feel air. It was brilliant! Took a nice long bath last night, and scrubbed all the grossness off my leg....and shaved it! I am still too scared to touch my foot, so I just ran water over it. It was glorious.

2 comments:

ItsLiz said...

OMG that is such WONDERFUL news ... I am so so so excited for you ... how lucky are you (I mean if you don't count the luck of breaking your leg in the first place) getting a boot ... shoot I had 3.5 months in the hard cast and I did all kinds of begging :)

Who knew that one day you would be so freakin happy to air out your leg :)

Congratulations

Rhonda said...

I'm glad to hear things are going better, Robin. I think foot surgery has to be the worst in the whole world.