Saturday, March 20, 2010

The trials and tribulations of working moms...

For the most part, we do ok getting up and out of the house in the morning. We have our routine, and it is down to the minute. If anything goes wrong, it sets off a chain reaction that can (and does) get us off schedule. I try to do as much as I can the night before.....we lay out clothes, we make lunches....but sometimes, things happens that just throw a wrench in the whole sha-bang...

Case in point...

1. The other day, after a long day at work and at daycare....we were changing into our PJs and I realized Mo was wearing 2 pairs of underwear.....It took me a minute to figure out what happened, then I remembered rushing to put her clothes on that morning, and just putting her new underwear on without taking off the ones from the night before. Daycare must think I am extra protective of my daughter's private parts.

2. We arrived a daycare a bit late the other day....and I realized I managed to get her in the car, with all her things, except shoes. I had carried her out of the house and put her in the car....and forgot to get her shoes. I wish I could say this was the first time....it has happened before. Poor kid, couldn't go outside to play. Lucky, both were rainy days.

1 comment:

ItsLiz said...

oh my goodness i burst out laughing at this ... soooooo have had these morning ... :)