Monday, April 19, 2010

Bento Box Lunch

This weekend, I took this amazing class on making bento lunches for kids. The woman who teaches the class is originally from Japan, and is starting a cooking school to teach people how to cook home style Japanese food.

I learned all sorts of fancy things.....I can turn a hard boiled egg into a bunny, I learned how to make a hot dog into an octopus or a crab. These were the cutsie things....but the thing that really got me going, is trying to find more balance in Mo's lunch. Instead of putting a lot of a just a few things....I am trying to put just a few bites of many different things. To expand her food horizons.

First day, and she ate EVERYTHING in there. Including, food that she normally won't touch.


This bento has.....pan friend tofu squares, edamame and corn skewers, turkey and cheese skewers, cucumber and tomato salad, strawberries, and orange slices. Sorry about the picture quality......cellphone photos are not the best.

So much fun and slightly addictive....I can see a support group in my future.

2 comments:

ItsLiz said...

Oh my gosh can you please come teach me ... just cause I need to learn and I wanna hang out!!! That is just so cool

ItsLiz said...

OK so I have been googling Bento and am just in love ... where did you find the class because I'm having trouble finding one and I must take a class ...