Sunday, February 22, 2009

Don't make me disappoint my kid.....

So, I have really built up this trip to the pool. We have been talking about it all weekend. Planning what we are going to do (float on the kick boards, go down the slide). Mo was so excited....she talked about it before going to bed....it was the first thing she talked about when she woke up this morning. She was so excited to go.

Now, I am pretty responsible....I check on things...get the right dates, times, etc....so being that responsible parent, I went on-line and checked the pool schedule for the community center pool. There it was "Family Swim from 4:15-5:30, Sundays." I checked on-line literally five minutes before we walked out the door.

We drive the community center, find parking, walk in......walk up to the lady at the desk to pay our drop-in fee.....and are told that there is no Family Swim on Sundays.

Excuse me? But, I checked the schedule....

The woman says.....schedule is subject to change....says so right on the top.

By this time, Mo has realized that we are not going to swim today.....she looks devastated....her lower lip is poking out.....

We walk out, and I am doing some fast talking.....telling Mo that sometimes even Mommy's make mistakes, and the pool is closed right now....but that we will go swimming soon...

I feel so guilty, Scout and I take her to the merry-go-round at the mall!!!!

2 comments:

Mbdiamond said...

Oh poor Mo! We've BTDT & it sucks! I took a day off work once to go with the daycare on their swimming field trip... and when we showed up with 20 kids, the pool was closed because some kid had "soiled" the water. Talk about a dissappointed bunch...

They love swimming so much at this age too, don't they?

Unknown said...

Cutie pie. I can just see her bottom lip sticking out. I'm not sure if this is the one you were going to, but I just found out about the Dolfun academy near us in NE, and it seems like they have lots of fun classes for toddlers and families.