Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rockin' the Top Pony

I tried to do a demonstration of the secret top pony that I learned while getting Mo's hair cut this weekend. I am amazed that it will actually stay in ALL DAY!!!! In the interest of sharing what little wisdom I have, here are some step by step directions....I hope they make sense....

1. You want to wet the hair...key in controlling all the hair....

2. Brush it and put it in a pony tail....doesn't have to be super tight...just enough to hold the hair.

3. You don't want the pony tail right next to the scalp....you want it about an 1 inch away from the scalp.

4. Then you want to separate the hair between the scalp and the pony tail holder into 2 sections...so there is a hole there.


5. The flip the pony tail forward, and pull it through the hole. towards the back of the head...


6. Pull it tight....like a reg. pony tail...


8. Now, you have a top pony that will stay in and stay flat all day!!! It kind of looks rolled...which is a nice look....


Good luck!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

abhh.

you rock.

you're two days late.

if only i had gotten these instructions BEFORE I chopped her hair into bangs.

:(

it's all good though ... the step-by-steps were amazingly well done!

Mbdiamond said...

AWESOME instructions... I think I could manage it, lol...

cherrie said...

wonder if laken could pull this off:)