Saturday, October 11, 2008

Movie Night

Last night was our 2nd movie night. This is something that in my mind I always imagined I would do with my family....sure enough....Scout had the same mental picutre....and finally Mo is big enough...that movie night has started. It goes something like this....

We get take-out (I don't cook on Fridays)......Mo takes a bath. We all get into our PJs, and curl up on the couch with popcorn, blankets, and pillows.

The first movie night, we watched Aristocats. Now, it is Mo's favorite....she calls it Mistocats! There were some parts that were scary to her, but she loves it just the same.

Last night, we watched Finding Nemo.....not a good choice.....Mo started crying pretty soon into it when the "Memo lost his baby"......I think it just struck a chord in her about being lost, and she didn't like it. Now, I don't know about you, but the last thing I wanted was for her to be scared. So, when Nemo ends up in the fish tank (Mo is crying hard at this point)....I come up with....."Don't worry, he is just at daycare....his daddy is coming to pick him up." Seemed to settle her down, but Scout pointed out that might not have been the best explanation to give our child! I have no idea what she has taken away from this movie......time will tell.....

Until then.....we need to find some nice, tame Disney movies....Bambi, no......Jungle Book....no.....maybe Lady and the Tramp.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Pixar flicks?

Madagascar ... Cars ... ??

Anonymous said...

In our house we love The Muppet Movie, The Muppet's Take Manhattan, The Rescuers (This was the first movie she fell in love with) ... we just got 101 Dalmatians ... The Wizard of Oz ... the new Charlotte's Web, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ... and she really likes Grease cause of all the music and dancing ...

Mbdiamond said...

Fox & Hound 2, Bambi 2 - the sequels aren't sad/scary. The Toy Story movies are good... yeah, pretty much all the pixars. Monsters Inc is a great way to get NOT scared of "monsters" ;)

cherrie said...

my kids are digging the cat in the hat lately--also over the hedge--I am with simone--i cried when all the babies got eaten in nemo too