Thursday, January 12, 2012

She's Crafty Like That!!!!

So, I try to be organized, I really do, but still there is still an amazing amount of paperwork that we have to keep track of.....and it is not just us. Mo has papers for school, permission slips, book orders, fundraisers, etc.......it is really too much.

We already had a family calendar that we used for meal planning that hung on our back door. Now the back door looks like this!!!!


We each get our own in box to corral the things that we need.



I made them out of clear wall mounted boxes. To make them pretty, I mod podged paper on them. I looked over the internet to makes sure I could do it on the clear plastic...turns out it looks ugly while you are doing it, but it dries just fine. I mounted them to the door using command sticky strips.

I have 2 issues with the final product.....first, they are spaced apart all funky. I didn't take into consideration the lock and door knob.

The other thing I didn't realize until the next day was, I can't open the drawer right next to it....the boxes stick out to far, and the drawer won't open. I have to open the door, then open the drawer. It isn't that big of a deal, since that drawer is hardly ever opened, but still......poor planning on my part!

Other than that, I am pretty happy with how everything turned out.

1 comment:

ItsLiz said...

those look fantastic!! what a great idea ... and so so cute ...