Friday, September 23, 2011

School News

So, this is something that I have mixed feelings about that I need to confess.

Last year at this time, if you came to our house, you would have heard the following things come out of my mouth...."I have heard such good things about our neighborhood school, Roseway Heights. It is so important to support your neighborhood school." Scout and I fully intended on sending Mo to the neighborhood school that is close by. By close by, I mean, Roseway is less than 2 blocks away. If the house on our corner wasn't there, I could lean off our porch and see it from our house. It is CLOSE! I had visions of walking Mo to school, hand in hand, talking about her day...yadda, yadda! Mo would need a sweet little umbrella during the winter months.....I mean, I had a whole vision.

So, where is Mo going to Kindergarten? The school where I work, Llewellyn. Llewellyn, which is in a whole, different part of town.....takes 20-30 minutes one way to drive there....most definitely, not our neighborhood school.

Do I fee like a hypocrite? Of course, I do......I won't go into the reason why we made the move, but now that we have.....I am secretly LOVING it. Llewellyn is such a sweet school, and I know everyone there, and I just feel so wonderful having Mo in that environment. It feels like I can still keep her close to us for a little while longer. Even though I am off on maternity leave for the first part of the year, and I have to drive her there everyday......I love it that she is there.

The first day, I was so emotional with her going to school....with all the changes she is experiences, and how much she will grow over this year. I couldn't have imagined her doing that at a school where I don't work.

We intended this to be a one year thing....for kindergarten only.....but we are loving it so much, who knows what we will decide next year......all I know is.....we are all so happy!

No comments: