Monday, September 19, 2011

The Dining Room

Otherwise known as the deep, dark bane of my existence. I am not a huge fan of the dining room. It is dark, has awful shutters on the windows and a horrible light fixture....here are some photos to remind folks about this room.....


Don't you love the pile of junk on the floor in the right bottom corner!!!!

So here is my to-do list....

1. Do something with the light fixture
2. Recover the chairs
3. Remove the shutters and put up some curtains.....cafe-style?
4. Re-think the built-in corner cabinet....maybe take the doors off?
4. Get some decent artwork on the walls
5. Have a nice everyday centerpiece

Eventually, we want to replace the paneling that is on the lower half of the walls, and replace it real wainscoating. But that has to be on someone else's to-do list....not mine!

I usually jump around from project to project, and stuff sits half done forever (which drives me crazy)....but this time, I am taking it room by room.....keeping my focus, and getting it done. Let's see if the baby will cooperate!

2 comments:

ItsLiz said...

I totally agree - get those shutters down ... too bad we aren't closer ... there are some blinds that would look great in those windows ...

and 10-4 on the light fixture ... every house i move into has the worst lights ... I've found great ones for not a lot of money at IKEA and Home Depot ...

and I think you are right about taking the doors off the corner cabinet ... did they use some of the same shutters as doors on that cabinet ...

i'm excited to see your progress on the blog ... it will be awesome ... and maybe even motivate me ...

Robin said...

I think I may try to spray paint the light fixture and just see what it looks like.....and yes, there are shutter doors on the bottom of the corner cabinet, yuck!