Wednesday, February 3, 2010

feelings....

I love my job, I really do, but on days like today, I wish I was a stay at home mom or at the very least, I had a job where I could go in an hour late and no-one would care. As it is, our mornings are so scheduled and so early, that if any one thing happens, we are screwed.

This morning, I woke Mo up and carried her downstairs....she didn't want to wake up. She REALLY didn't want to wake up. She just started crying, and yelling that she wanted to go back to bed. She was really upset....didn't even want to be held. I finally got her to sit in my lap, and I just rocked her, and tried to soothe her. I asked her if she felt ok, her response....."I am feeling fragile."

Out of the mouth of babes. She was fine......just feeling fragile. I totally know what she means. Those days when it just doesn't seem worth it to get out of bed. As a grown-up, I can deal with it, and just go on with my day. But when you are 3, it is not so easy to deal with those feelings.

What I wanted to do was to take it down a notch this morning. Take our time getting ready, maybe even have some playtime or a special stop at the coffee shop. But, I can't have a class full of kindergarteners waiting for me.....so that was a no-go. As it was, everything ended up fine....after about 10 minutes of some cuddling, Mo was ready to eat breakfast.

But, it just hurt my heart to see her feeling 'fragile' and not be able to take care of her the way she needed. The way I needed to care for her.

3 comments:

ItsLiz said...

ohhhh fragile ... that is just too sweet ... and I so understand those feelings of just wishing you could do what you want - rather need to do - and can't ... :)

Mbdiamond said...

that's the sweetest thing... no wonder it would melt the heart and stoke the mom-guilt... poor little thing.

(I hate getting up in the morning too! I'm not so much "fragile" as "bear-with-a-sore-nose" grumpy... but I feel for her!)

cherrie said...

i so understand--I feel like i yank my kids out of bed, dress them, force them into the car to drop them off at daycare--it sucks