Thursday, February 11, 2010

Funny Valentines

This year, we made home-made valentines for Mo's friends at daycare. They have a small party, and even though I don't believe the kids really have any clue what valentine' day is all about.....THEY LOVE THE CARDS......THEY LOVE THE EXCHANGING OF CARDS.....Mo is all about it.

Here are the valentines we made......please note, I am not the craftiest person (I want to be, but I really am not. That is why the edges are a bit messed up).....and I only had to make 7 of these, so I could afford to be more ambitious than if I had to make 25.


I traced the heart on poster board, and then poked holes around the edges. Mo then used yarn to "sew" the heart. Each card looks different.


It took all week to make just 7 of these. Mo was only into doing 1 or 2 at a time. We also made heart soap (leftover from a school project I brought home and made it).

Mo is ready to give her valentines to her friends. I know she will have a great time. I just wish these holidays were frozen in time. She is at such a great age, I am not ready to let any of these moments pass.

1 comment:

ItsLiz said...

oh my goodness these came out soooooooooooooooooooooo cute ... i love love love them ...

they are totally crafty ... cut yourself some slack ... you are craftastic!!!