Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday Parties

For each one of Mo's birthday parties, we have done the same thing. We take over our local park, pick up some pizzas, and I make a cake. We invite about 4 kiddos, and they run around the play structure. The whole thing lasts about an hour. It has been easy, relaxed, and fun.

In the past month, Mo has been invited to 2 birthday parties. Both of them have been at these inflatable, bouncy warehouses. They are fun. Everyone has a great time. It is really a nice set-up. The kids play on the bouncing things, and slides....then they go into the party room for presents, pizza and cake. Party over.

The problem is now Mo knows what a birthday party could potentially be. I am afraid that the bar has been raised and her little neighborhood park birthday will no longer do. At first, I was bummed....thinking about planning and coordinating some big, themed party. But, I realized, we have such a short window where we will even be allowed to attend her birthday party. I want to enjoy it while we can.

Another thing we have started doing which I love, love, love.......I bought a bunch of plain brown gift bags......and Mo adds her own decorative flair. She loved painting these for the twins' birthday. She really thought about what color should go on each bag. So, not only did the twins get a present, but also a work of art.

3 comments:

ItsLiz said...

Oh my goodness I love that idea with the bags ... we are so going to have to do that in this house ... Skye will love working on that ...

Mbdiamond said...

No doubt! They look awesome... ALL my kids would be totally into that. Where did you find nice paper gift bags with handles like that?

Robin said...

Shannon, 2 for a dollar at the dollar tree. You can also get packs of these from Michael's Craft store in the gift bag aisle....