Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Nursery

So, I have not done the best job on showing pictures of the Bean's room. I am proud to say that everything in that room we already owned....or I made. I have been getting my craft on lately....

Here is the grand reveal......if we were on HGTV, someone would have their eyes closed and start squealing about now....

Here is the view from the hallway. You can see it is a small room, but it has everything you need. Beanie is sitting in the chair....she is getting used to have her picture taken!

This is above her crib. It seems like everyone on the Internet is doing this these days, but I still liked it anyway. It was super easy (and cheap)....just fabric quarters and embroidery hoops.

The other side of the room. I made the curtains for the windows and the closet doors.....I was impressed with myself. Behind the window curtains are black-out curtains....for better napping!


Standing in the room, here is her changing table. It is a bookcase from IKEA that we got a while ago for Mo's toys. It wasn't really being used, so I reused it here. It is very narrow, which is what we needed for the space in the room. Plus, it holds a ton of stuff.


These 2 gems are my latest creations. Don't they look like something you could buy off ETSY? I made these with my 2 little hands. I think they turned out super cute, and I would even do this project again. I may write up a little tutorial, it was so easy, and very rewarding. Again, this was another idea I adapted from others on the Internet!

I want to add something hanging in the corner.....maybe a mobile of some kind, hanging lamps, something......gotta put my brain to work on that one, but for now, it is good.

That's about it.....the nursery.....she seems to like it. Now it is all nice and neat....but I know, it won't stay that way!!!!

1 comment:

ItsLiz said...

so so so cute ... love it all!! Great job!!